Production and distribution of documentary: "The double crisis generation: Economic insecurity and political attitudes in Southern Europe"
Production of a video on three youngsters in Italy, Spain and Portugal, narrating their pursuit of innovative solutions that lead to common safety and wellbeing, as well as to a pact with socially excluded communities. They showcase the hopeful side of this particular generation which refuses to resign. This documentary gathers voices from experts in Economy, Sociology and Youth from Italy, Portugal and Spain to understand the challenges and outline possible solutions. It is based on the Study “The double crisis generation Economic insecurity and political attitudes in Southern Europe”, by EsadeEcPol’s researchers Ariane Aumaitre and Jorge Galindo.
The film performs a radiography of Southern European youth, explaining the consequences of the great recession of 2008 in the Y Generation, and shedding light on the role of the COVID-19 crisis in the deepening of the opportunities gap.
• Background research and documentation
• Storyboards proposals
• Visual and graphic identity selection
• Film of interviews, main narrative voices, visual documentation of main characters and visual context
• Video edition
• Graphic design and animations
• Distribution strategy to the main televisions of the concerned countries as well as to the main online video platforms.