Climate risk and vulnerability assessment for subnational adaptation in Uganda
Development of the Uganda Country Report on Climate risk and vulnerability assessment identifying and mapping climate risk, exposure and vulnerability hotspots at local levels (district level) and prioritize climate change adaptation actions and investments based on quantified and scientific-based analysis, updating NDCs and defining main adaptation targets and actions in synergy with boosting and accelerating SDGs achievement.
• Elaboration an analytical writing highlighting main climate change impacts by sector.
• Creation of a Climate change Downscaling, including a set of indicators, maps, graphics, and tables, that allow observe current and future projections of climate change risks levels for 2030, 2040 and 2050 based on RCP 4.5 and RCP 8.5 GHG emissions scenarios.
• An explanatory analysis and index definition for climate change risk, exposure and vulnerability for current and projected future situations for 2030, 2040 and 2050.
• Elaboration of a set of recommendations to update NDCs will be suggested seeking synergies with SDGs achievement (climate change adaptation). A menu of prioritized adaptation actions to reinforce resilience of communities in prioritized territories by its level of risk and expected impacts on their livelihoods.
• Elaboration of the Final Climate Change Downscaling and Climate Risk and Vulnerability assessment report.