GlobalCAD is looking for a Communication and Ecosystem Manager to support the GlobalCAD’s communication strategy and the management of GlobalCAD’s online and offline communication channels:
1. Online Ecosystem Management:
• Management of GlobalCAD and CAD Productions webpage
• Management of GlobalCAD’s social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
• Newsletter’s content and design
• Alternative channels
• Support online GlobalCAD activities and major GlobalCAD events
2. Offline Management:
• Coordination of GlobalCAD’S magazine publications
• Organisation of GlobalCAD’s events (internal and external)
• Participation of GlobalCAD in conferences
• Relation with the media
• Production of communication knowledge products as needed
• Support the Barcelona 2020 Inclusive Business initiative
3. Management of the Towards the Human City initiative
In addition, the Communication & Ecosystem Manager will also be responsible for supporting the communication tasks in some of the GlobalCAD’s projects, as for example “Consultation and Stakeholder Engagement on REDD+ & Readiness Activities in Guyana”; “Documentation Services for The Joint Work Programme on Equitable Economic Growth”; “Development of Business Model and Sustainability Strategy for the Entrepreneurship Development Centre (EDC)”.
Conditions: 1 month in a probationary period, extensible up to a six-month contract, for the substitution of maternity leave.
Timeframe: From October 2019 to end of April 2020
• To have journalism, international affairs, communication strategy, economics or similar degree (Master in communication is a plus)
• At least three years’ experience working for communication management for an organisation
• Fluent written and spoken English and Spanish is a must
• Social media savvy
• Motivated team player with a passion for development and eagerness to contribute to social challenges
If interested, please send an email with the title “Communication Manager” to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 23 of September 2019 including:
• A recent CV (maximum two pages)
• Letter of intention (maximum two pages) explaining why you would like to work for our organisation and what would be your contribution
GlobalCAD, the Center of Partnerships for Development (www.globalcad.org) is a global network of experts in areas related to human and sustainable development that promote partnerships across sectors to find innovative solutions to major development challenges. The services provided by GlobalCAD include analysis and research, technical and strategic advice, and capacity building. Headquartered in Barcelona and with offices in Berlin and Washington, GlobalCAD offers its strategic advisory services to international organizations, public institutions, private associations and civil society organizations at the national and global levels in Africa, Latin America and Asia.
Apart from its consultancy services, GlobalCAD developed CAD Productions, a production company specialized in producing documentaries that address sustainable human development challenges.